Palliative Medicine & Supportive Oncology Symposium 2009
March 5, 2009
until March 7, 2009
Fort Lauderdale, FL
2008 Attendee Testimonial
“The course turned out really well...It’s actually more than what I expected...The quality of the lectures and the speakers...each one had many points that I’ll be able to take back and actually use in my practice.”
Dr. Michael Filiaggi,
Premier Medical, Pittsburgh, PA
Palliative Medicine is developing rapidly in the United States. This symposium focuses on providing an intensive multi-disciplinary review of cutting-edge topics in the field. The intent is to provide updates on the latest advances in the field of Palliative Medicine and Supportive Oncology in a format that allows interaction between the faculty and attendees. This year we are providing added value with a similar approach to Supportive Oncology in the afternoon opposite palliative medicine workshops.
As a result of attending this educational activity, the participant will be able to:
* Review the current management strategies for advanced breast cancer
* Improve management of late stage dementia patients
* Explore the differential diagnosis and management of neuropsychological complications of malignancy
* Update current issues in Supportive Oncology
* Review the new regulatory issues of hospice
* Improve multidisciplinary pain assessment and management
* Increase confidence level in approaching multiple spiritual belief systems
This symposium is intended for an international audience of physicians, nurses, social workers, and other healthcare professionals providing care to individuals with advanced illness. Professionals with interests in Hematology/Oncology, Supportive Oncology, Internal Medicine, Hospital Medicine, Geriatric Medicine, Family Practice, and Hospice and Palliative Medicine will benefit.
Share your events
Email all events you wish posted to the Mental Health Event Calendar to email@example.com.