For Patients & Consumers
- How shared decision-making works
- How it helps you
- Preparing for appointments
- Your goals matter
- Getting my doctor to listen
- My doctor and I don't agree
For Doctors & Providers
- What is shared decision-making?
- Why is it needed?
- Advantages in mental health treatment
- Using decision aids
- Practical issues
- Competency and credibility
- Power and Coercion
Mental Health America CEO David Shern introduces shared decision-making. Learn about the origin of this technique and its advantages in mental health treatment.
Learn about shared decision-making from Cicely and Randy and see how Randy and his doctor decide together. Read about how you and your doctor can team up.
Psychiatrist Dr. Allen Dyer discusses his philosophy of engagement and approach to shared decision-making.